Just like, that it’s my favorite time of year again:) Unfortunately in Minnesota it doesn’t usually last very long, in fact, it snowed a little bit yesterday so I figured I needed to get this post up ASAP!
Here are 10 of my favorite things right now that I think others would find useful or maybe interesting to read. They don’t all necessarily pertain to fall but since it is fall and these are my current favorites, I figured the title work nicely:)
- Biotin- This is a B vitamin that is really great for your hair, skin and nails. My cousin introduced me to biotin while we were on vacation this summer as I was commenting on how long her hair had gotten. I have now been using it for a little over two months and I have seen a HUGE difference in length and strength of my hair. It is so hard to grow curly hair and not have it look damaged on the ends but this stuff has been an ABSOLUTE game changer.
2. Soap and Glory Body Butter- I used to not always use lotion after I showered but ever since I received a Soap and Glory box set I get so excited to use the products especially the body butter. My skin has never felt better and my roommates always comment on how good it smells when I use it. Definitely recommend if you’re on the market for a new body lotion
3. Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel- Also in the lotion category, a friend introduced me to this product a couple years ago and I have yet to find a face lotion I like as much as this since then. I have combination skin and this lotion is perfect, especially as the weather gets colder and the wind becomes harsh on the skin. It’s super light weight and refreshing, I love getting to put this on after I take off my makeup and wash my face:)
4.Indian Healing Clay- I have had this product for over a year now and I am obsessed with it. If you feel like your face needs a deep clean, this is the product for you. I have had the same tub for a year and it still isn’t empty, a little goes a long way. It’s a powder that then you stir into apple cider vinegar or water (I prefer the vinegar) and then you apply it like a face mask. I only do them about once a week to once every two weeks just because they are so intense. I also have sensitive skin and the mask sometimes makes my skin red so I only put them on at night before I shower!
5. Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel- I found this nail polish last year at my local Walgreens and never looked back. This retails for under $5 and is the best nail polish I’ve ever used. It’s a 1 step gel polish so two coats and you’re good to go, no lights or top coat needed! The original color I got (and my favorite) is the shade “Stay Classy”. It’s kind of a pinky gray tone and I absolutely love it. I recently purchased the maroon one called “Left Marooned” and it is such a beautiful color for the fall! Looks bright at first but if you add the second coat it’s a beautiful deep maroon.
6. Bird Scooters- This sounds weird but these are FOR SURE a fall favorite. I rode one for the first time a week ago and now overtime I see one, I want to ride it. Bird scooters are electric scooters that you can ride and leave wherever, all you need is the app and a debit card. You do need a valid drivers license as well and you must be 18. There are a few other companies that have these scooters around and also some similar concepts but bikes instead of scooters. We have them all around campus and it makes getting places so much quicker and super fun. My friends and I all rode them together once and that was a blast. They are super easy to use and you feel so free while riding them. If you’re in college or a city that has electric scooters you can use, I DEFINITELY recommend trying it out:)
7. Platform Sneakers- I got myself a pair of all white platform sneakers and I am obsessed. They go with almost any outfit and can easily be dressed up or down. Also, being 5′ 3″ the little extra height from the platform is always a bonus:)
8. Furry Jacket- I ordered this on Amazon the other day and it’s kind of a basic jacket that you see girls everywhere wearing. I looked them up and they can be really expensive if you get it at Urban or somewhere like that but I found one on for under $30 and I haven’t taken it off since I got it. I ordered it two sizes up so that it would be an oversized fluffy jacket and it’s amazing! Also comes in many colors, I got it in the color camel!
9. Jean Jackets-Probably my favorite thing about fall is that I can wear a jean jacket all the time. It’s the perfect temperature to wear them because it’s not too hot but it’s also not quite cold enough to need your big winter coat. They go with so many clothing items and they come in different washes so you can have several if you wanted! I have a light wash one and a dark wash one, both oversized just because then you can wear hoodies underneath and because I just think it’s a cute look:) You can get these anywhere so I’m not going to link a specific place, I usually get my oversized ones at Ragstock though:)
10. Black Tea- I have recently become addicted to black tea but I’m not even mad about it. I used to get unsweetened iced black tea at Starbucks and add one packet of sugar in the raw but then I found a 2lb box of sugar in the raw at target so now I steep my own tea, add ice and a little bit of sugar and I am set! I have this pretty much every morning, especially during the week, before class, because I’m not a huge coffee drinker. It’s the perfect amount of caffeine for me and it tastes even better:) Also, try sugar in the raw if you haven’t, it’s a life changer! Linked below is my favorite brand.
Hope you found this fun and interesting and maybe even found some new things you want to try! Happy Fall:)